Mix hunger, photography, and culinary skills. Add procrastination. Mix until incorporated.
Roar! Welcome to Je suis alimentageuse! I hope you stay a while, and if you came here to get to know me a little better, here are some facts about me:
- My name is Lisa. My Vietnamese name is Mai. But most people call me Lisa.
- I am a little weird. I like to identify as eccentric.
- I am based in Toronto, but my heart lies in Ottawa.
- I am a grad student in Translation Studies at York University.
- I believe strongly in the Oxford comma.
- I speak English, French, Vietnamese, and Spanish (in order of fluency).
- I have been vegetarian since December 2011.
- I used to bake a lot of decadent treats, but lately I’ve been trying to eat healthier and vegan when I can.
- I am a feminist. I will explain more about this later. But FYI, no, I do not hate men. I’ve been dating one for about 4 years now and I love him very much =P
- I am not professionally trained in culinary arts, pastry, or photography. Everything has been self-taught or learned from the internets.
- I am a huge nerd, and I love Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, and Game of Thrones. And Sailor Moon.
- I LOVE anything to do with lemon. Lemon candy. Lemon cupcakes. It’s my faaave.
- My favourite thing to eat is green monster soup.
- My favourite desserts usually have something to do with lemon. Or dark chocolate. Or coconut.
Camera and Equipment:
- My photos are currently taken with a Canon Rebel XSi with either an 18-55mm or 50mm lens. I’m hoping to upgrade soon.
- I use Digital Photo Professional to edit my photos (software provided by Canon) and I add my logo with Adobe Photoshop CS6. I try to avoid editing my photos whenever possible.
Thanks for reading!
Note: Please link back if you’re going to use any of the recipes I’ve used on this blog. If you would like to use a photo, please email me at lisa[at]alimentageuse.com, ESPECIALLY if I haven’t put my logo on it.
All photography on this blog is taken by me (unless otherwise noted) and thus I ask that you do not use my photography for any commercial purposes unless I have given you permission. (Copyright all rights reserved)