I’M ALL MOVED IN! I had the fastest and easiest move in my entire life thanks to all of my awesome friends. It barely took two hours! It was awesome. And I finally have room in the freezer for my ice cream maker freezing thing. I made some of this delicious ice cream because Ottawa has been experiencing super bizarre weather, two weeks ago I was wearing short shorts and a tank top, and today I’m wearing my boots, scarf and bomber jacket. Hopefully this ice cream will inspire the weather to be nicer, perhaps less temperamental, because it’s such a refreshing, complex flavour that is the perfect ending to a filling dinner; it’s so light!
I originally made this with just lemon, but it was so good I ate too much of it and I couldn’t use it for my potluck, so I made a second back with lime and OH MY GOODNESS IT’S SO DELICIOUS. The lime just adds a complete other dimension to it, it’s unreal. I froze it overnight though, and it got a little too stiff. If you leave it out on the counter for about 10 minutes or so, it’ll soften more and it’ll be DELICIOUS. So fluffy and creamy yet light and refreshing.
I need a synonym for delicious.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- zest from all the lemons and limes you juiced (approx 2-3 tsp of zest)
- Whisk milk and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved (about 2 minutes). Test to see if there are any sugar crystals left by rubbing some of the liquid between your fingers.
- Add two cups of whipping cream and set aside.
- Zest lemons and limes and set zest aside.
- Juice the lemons and limes, strain the pulp and seeds, then add everything to the cream mixture. Immediately pour into the ice cream maker or else the lemon juice will make the milk curdle.
- Freeze according to ice cream maker manufacture’s directions.
- Serve ice cold on a hot summer day. Oh yes.